Basketball Betting & Basketball Odds Online
There are year-round and around-the-clock basketball betting opportunities at BetMGM!
As Devin Booker and the Phoenix Suns aim for a return trip to the NBA Finals, Bill Self and Kansas prepare to defend their national championship, Candace Parker and the Chicago Sky chase another title, and international basketball heats up around the globe, you have access to all basketball odds at the online sportsbook.
Betting on Basketball Odds
Regardless if you’re betting on your phone with mobile sports betting (on the BetMGM Sportsbook app) or on your computer with online sports betting, there are a variety of ways to bet on basketball, including live betting, One Game Parlays, and more.
- Live sports betting: With live sports betting, you can place live bets on basketball odds. From the opening tip through the final buzzer of a New Orleans Pelicans vs. Denver Nuggets game and thousands of other games throughout the year, live basketball betting is available.
- Money line: On the money line, you bet on a certain team to win the game. If, for example, Kevin Durant and the Brooklyn Nets are -150 money line favorites to beat LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers, you could profit $33.33 on a $50 bet with a Nets’ win.
- Spread: With a spread bet, you bet on one team winning (or losing) by a certain margin. If, for example, LaMelo Ball and the Charlotte Hornets are 3.5-point favorites over Cade Cunningham and the Detroit Pistons, the Hornets must win by at least four points to cover the spread and cash spread bets. The Pistons must lose by fewer than four points (or win) to cover their spread.
- Over/under (totals): With an over/under total, you bet on the total points scored by both teams. If, for example, the total for a New York Knicks vs. Cleveland Cavaliers game is 225.5, you can bet they’ll combine for fewer (i.e., under) or more (i.e., over) points than 225.5. Over/under total odds are also available for quarters and halves in the NBA, college basketball, WNBA, and other events.
- Halftime Lines: At the halftime horn, check out the sports book for halftime odds. You can bet on a second-half spread, player prop, or over/under total.
- Parlays: This wager allows you to combine your bets to increase your payout. However, to win, all your selections need to be correct. At BetMGM, you can bet on One Game Parlays or build your own parlay, which comes with bigger potential payouts and more excitement.
- Futures and outrights: Another popular market where you bet on the championship winner, conference winners, division winners, and MVPs. Do you think Nikola Jokic can win MVP? Will Tommy Lloyd lead the Arizona Wildcats to their first national championship since 1997?